The Dead End

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
ghostess
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

The Dead End

Post by ghostess » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:55 pm

Here's my site... I go a little overboard when I decorate.

http://www.howloweenqueen.com

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:56 pm

Ghostess...OMG...you are THE bomb! I so enjoyed looking at your site and I even picked up some ideas for my house this year. You are obviously an artist and have a beautiful home. Thanks for sharing your pictures and ideas. :D
Don't drink and fly...

ghostess
Master Reaper

Post by ghostess » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:25 pm

Thanks... some people do scrapbooking, some do needlepoint or knit... I do Halloween..lol

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:31 pm

Ghostess, do you actually use that brick patterned scene setter all over your house??? I'm thinking of doing my kitchen and one bathroom like that. All of your hard work was and is certainly worth it (Andy's too!). :wink:
Don't drink and fly...

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:48 pm

You are the Ghostess with the mostess! I am so jealous, you are so lucky! I loved seeing your pictures, thanks so much for sharing.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:30 am

**Hooch is bowing down over and over, saying "I am not worthy, I am not worthy...**

YOU ROCK, GIRLFRIEND!!!!

Really, you are the bomb...one question...how do you like the gossamer stuff from Shindigz? I have been looking at that to turn the house into Hogwart's castle for the Potter party. Can you see through it? Some of my walls are dark colors, and I have chair rails and wallpaper, so I was concerned that it would show through. Also, how did you attach it without marking up your walls? (That is actually the husband's question, I really don't care about the walls, as long as they look like stone for the party :wink: ) Any feedback would be much appreciated. Again, congratulations, you are a Halloweener without equal! :lol:

Bafa
Crypt Keeper

Post by Bafa » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:46 pm

I can't imagine the work that had to be. i mean really... thats a LOT of stuff to set out and craft.

Is it just you and your family that do this or do friends and neighbors pitch in?

How long does it take to prepare for a party like that?

And what do you do with all that stuff in the off season?

Everything looks amazing. I think I could only hope to ever have a party that looks that good.

ghostess
Master Reaper

Post by ghostess » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:04 pm

Well, I thought I replied earlier, but I guess I hit the wrong button...

MHooch-- The gossamer is see through, I will try to get a picture of it over 2 different colored walls and a chair rail for you to see just how transparent it is. I used a staple gun and several boxes of staples to hang mine, but I don't care about holes in the walls since I repaint almost yearly anyway. It's so lightweight that double sided and/or scotch tape holds it and thumbtacks would work too.

Bafa -- It is a lot of stuff, it takes up over 30 big storage bins, plus the big stuff that doesn't fit in the bins. My attic is full..lol It's just me that does all the work, my husband has his own hobby and my kids try to help with small things, but are really too young still to be of real help. I work on making things all year, but I start actually decorating inside the house in September, then outside in October and it is a work in progress the whole time, right until show time. Of course, a LOT of stuff never gets finished which drives me NUTS!

I actually get rid of a bunch of stuff every year, I give to kids I know who want to make their own spooky set ups. Some stuff just gets tiring after a few years and gets thrown out, taken apart and recycled or given away. Every year I have to add more plywood in my attic to store everything I make every year. Most of the big stuff can be taken apart, like the crypt for my FCG. I've been doing the display for 8 years now, and have ALWAYS been a Halloween nut decorating inside, so I've collected a lot of stuff.

Thanks y'all for the kinds words. It's nice to be appreciated by people who have been bitten with the Halloween bug too.

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:18 pm

I tell you what, girl, that is a truly impressive display.

FYI, another thing this place is good for is during the season, when all that stuff is overwhelming you and you feel like kicking your bucky skeleton across the yard. You can come on here and vent and everyone will remind you why you do it, and talk you down out of your spooky tree.

My goal is to have something half that cool, you are an inspiration.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:53 am

I am SOOOOOO impressed!!!! This is exactly the type of thing I'd hoped to find when I joined this site.

I am humbled.... TRULY humbled!

ghostess
Master Reaper

Post by ghostess » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:29 am

:) Thank you!

We had our first Florida Haunters Make N' Take yesterday, and I got to make my first pneumatic prop- a TCT! I'm so excited. I only made the base and assembly for mine and will be building a tree stump or barrel or something around it, but everyone else made their with the trash cans already. Pics can be seen here:

http://www.oct31man.com/florida_make_and_take_1.htm

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:03 pm

Ghostess,

Are you from Florida? BTW, that's nicest website you have! Do you exchange halloween banners, links, etc?

ghostess
Master Reaper

Post by ghostess » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:27 am

Yeah, born n raised in Jacksonville. Yeah, I trade banners. I have a bunch I need to add to my links page, just haven't gotten around to it.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:34 pm

Ghostess,

Please PM me about exchanging the banner. You add mine on your site, and I'll add yours on my horror topsites.

ghostess
Master Reaper

Post by ghostess » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:25 pm

MHooch: Here's the pic I promised of the gossamer:

Hauntmaster: I'll add your banner when I get around to adding all the ones I have collected lately.