What is the value of my night before chistmas book

mattjen

What is the value of my night before chistmas book

Postby mattjen » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:28 pm

I have just inherited a older book from my grandmother. The Night Before Christmas or a visit of ST Nicholas 1896 by McLaughlin Bros New York. I have searched abbe books ebay and book find. I can find the book itself but no value. I have no intentions on selling it but would like to insure it. Does anyone know its value?

Thanks

Chris

Re: What is the value of my night before chistmas book

Postby Chris » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:40 am

Hi,
I can give a rough estimate. Do you see which one it is on this page?

http://www.visitfromstnicholas.com/

The odds are it is anywhere from $30 to $200 depending on which book and its condition. I've seen them go for as much as $300, but I haven't seen them go for more. I like most of the 1896 McLoughlin editions.

If you have more info, I can probably give a little better range.

I would definitely not sell it if it came from your grandmother. It has a lot of history and I am sure your family will enjoy having it for another hundred years!

Chris

mattjen wrote:I have just inherited a older book from my grandmother. The Night Before Christmas or a visit of ST Nicholas 1896 by McLaughlin Bros New York. I have searched abbe books ebay and book find. I can find the book itself but no value. I have no intentions on selling it but would like to insure it. Does anyone know its value?

Thanks

Chris

Re: What is the value of my night before chistmas book

Postby Chris » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:18 pm

Here is one that is one version of the 1896 McLoughlin Bros book that went on eBay for $61 today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0293379532

mattjen wrote:I have just inherited a older book from my grandmother. The Night Before Christmas or a visit of ST Nicholas 1896 by McLaughlin Bros New York. I have searched abbe books ebay and book find. I can find the book itself but no value. I have no intentions on selling it but would like to insure it. Does anyone know its value?

Thanks

Return to “The Night Before Christmas Discussion”