St Nicholas' Visit Santa Claus Series No. 150

Postby lesliejo on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:26 pm

Hello to all in Christmas land!

I am new to this, so please bear with me if I make mistakes.
I would like to know if you are familiar with a book I have, the one mentioned in the subject line. It was published by M A Donohue & CO, Chicago and New York. No date to be found. It is 'Profusely Illustrated and Edited by' Charles Walter Brown, A.M., in black and white.
The only color is on the cover. The picture depicts St. Nick standing in front of a huge fireplace taking a doll out of his bag. The book is filled with all kinds of stories and poems about Christmas. The pages are not numbered.
The book is a wonderful little book! The stories are easy and are a pleasure to read.
I want to say thank you in advance for any information you may have about my book. I appreciate your time!

Sincerely,
Leslie
lesliejo

Re: St Nicholas' Visit Santa Claus Series No. 150

Postby Chris on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:28 am

Hi,
I may have some information on it. I am not sure about the illustrator Brown, but I know that M.A. Donohue did publish the Night Before Christmas in a number of books from around 1896- to around 1930

Does it have The Night Before Christmas in it? Any address or anything?

lesliejo wrote:Hello to all in Christmas land!

I would like to know if you are familiar with a book I have, the one mentioned in the subject line. It was published by M A Donohue & CO, Chicago and New York. No date to be found. It is 'Profusely Illustrated and Edited by' Charles Walter Brown, A.M., in black and white.
The only color is on the cover. The picture depicts St. Nick standing in front of a huge fireplace taking a doll out of his bag. The book is filled with all kinds of stories and poems about Christmas. The pages are not numbered.
The book is a wonderful little book! The stories are easy and are a pleasure to read.
I want to say thank you in advance for any information you may have about my book. I appreciate your time!

Sincerely,
Leslie
Chris

Postby Chris on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:28 am

p.s. You didn't make any mistakes. ;-)

Sincerely,
Leslie
Chris

Postby Chris on Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:25 am

Hi,
Did you have any more information this?
Chris

Sincerely,
Leslie
Chris

Postby Chris on Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:20 pm

Did you have more information about the book?

Sincerely,
Leslie
Chris

Return to The Night Before Christmas Discussion