Jake with a limp- A continuing work by nostalgiascape

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:45 pm

LawP wrote:Nos: Great work! I'm looking forward to more of Jake. I hope Kenny slips into a coma and comes out of it months later with massive brain damage and he has to be put into a group home where his main job is emptying bed pans. :oops: Sorry...hate bullies. :lol:
LOL!!!
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:39 am

"I'm sure you saw the picture in my living room of me in uniform. I was an officer with the Glendale Police Department. I loved my life and my wife...Sherri. We were just reaching that point in our lives when the American Dream was in our grasp. But Sherri wasn't happy in the city. Glendale really was just an extension of Phoenix and with urban sprawl, the whole valley was growing faster and faster. Sherri has always been a country girl. She was raised in a small town in Colorado and she always wanted to return to a life of simplicity.

I came home from work one day and caught her on the internet looking into homes for sale in small Arizona towns. She was fixated on this home right here. It took a lot of talking and coaxing to convince me, but eventually she had me falling for the romance of the idea. Living the Mayberry life...ha ha. We bought this home. She spent a week up here painting it and designing it while I continued working in the city. No one even knew she was here because she never went into town. No one knew her. And....they never would."
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

deadbride
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by deadbride » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:36 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up.
I'm not weird, just normal challenged.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:45 pm

(FYI: I must currently tend to some health issues which are ailing me. They are nothing too serious, but I must resolve them. I may not be in the writing mood while this takes place.)

deadbride
Master Reaper

Post by deadbride » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:50 pm

Please take care of yourself. Don't take any health risks. Life comes first.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:53 am

Sorry to hear that, Nostalgiascape...feel better soon!!!

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:23 am

One of two health problems is taken care of now. Now I need only knock the flu symptoms.

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:30 pm

Yay for problems resolved! Booooooo to the flu. I hope you feel better soon, all nifty stories aside.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Thu May 03, 2007 2:55 am

Jacob stopped for a moment as he looked out to the rocky desert terrain outside his back porch.

"She came home and was all excited about the house. She had said that she painted it my favorite color of blue. The smile on her face could have put a christmas tree to shame. I was just happy that she was happy. So we went out that night to celebrate. I suggested a very pricey place as if she would have liked that. She wouldn't have it. So we settled on the Olive Garden near Metro Parkway. It was a nice moment.

When we were walking out to our car a man ran up to my wife and stuck a snub nosed .38 to her ribs. He told her to give him all her money. Told me to do the same or she would die. He must have been strung out on some rough stuff cause I had barely moved my left foot when he shot her point blank.

I was a police officer and I could do nothing but simply look at my wifes face as she watched me watch her die. There was nothing I could do. He ran away and I wanted to chase him down, foolish as it would have been. But I held her. I held her as her blood gushed out onto the pavement...through my fingers. I held her as I watched her eyes dialate, as her last breath exited."

By this time Sherrif Garner was pale. Jacob had stopped and simply held his head in his hands nervously.

"So you retired. And then you came here. I can only assume you did so to punish yourself. To exile yourself to the one place that would remind you of who you lost." Garner stated.

"Hey, I could have simply shot myself in the head." Jacob rebuttled.

"True, but Jacob, it wasn't your fault. You had no power to change it." Garner replied.

Jacob just stood there silent.

"I get off in two hours. I say we go on in to Scmidts Saloon and have a couple cold ones. What dya say?" Garner offered.

"Kenny Alvarez will have someone out there. You know that right." Jacob asked.

"I do indeed." Garner replied.

"Well.....okay then." Jacob accepted.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Thu May 03, 2007 3:11 am

Seriously, NOS, you should find yourself a proper editor and get yourself published! Your stuff is not bad, AT ALL!!!!!!!

I've been there and done that. I spent 9 solid months (four + hours a day) writing a novel before I realized I stank! My premises were always good but my form and execution weren't worth the ink and paper!

I think you've really got something going, here! Keep it up!

P.S. Hope you're feeling better!

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Thu May 03, 2007 3:47 am

Kenny Alvarez watched the sun set through the window of his hospital room. He suffered a cracked vertebra and a compound fracture in his right forarm from having been thrown into a brick wall. Despite the pain he was in, or the fact that he could barely talk, his mind was twenty five miles away in Temperance. Revenge was in Temperance waiting for him. But he was not patient enough to exact it out himself. Perhaps he was not courageous enough.

A nurse walked into Kennys room. "You have a visitor. Not too long now." she said before leaving.

Through the door walked a raggedy man who looked as though a 1980's biker gang had thrown him back. He was all dressed up in blue jeans. Jean pants. Jean jacket. Jean wrist bands. He looked like he was on his way to a megadeth concert Kenny thought silently. The mans hair was long blonde but thin and whispy. He had a receding hair line and a bald spot in the back. He had grown a long beard and braded it.

"What took you so long fool." Kenny said bitterly.

"Hey man, i'm driving on expired plates with a warrant, be glad I even came here. This better be good." Shouted the man.

"Oh it's good man. You remember how you were telling me about your new hitler knife set?" Kenny asked him.

"*&(^% yeah man!" Replied the man.

"I want you to break them in on somebody." Kenny said with his gruff whispery voice. Kenny was smiling a wicked smile. The smile of a sadistic man.

deadbride
Master Reaper

Post by deadbride » Thu May 03, 2007 9:20 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Can we just run Kenny over with a steam roller? :lol: I know he's supposed to be bad, but you just love to hate him and want to hurt him!

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Thu May 03, 2007 3:22 pm

What if...Kenny has a seizure before he can give jean man Jacob's name and when all the medical personnel arrive in the room, jean man runs away to avoid getting caught and his hitler knives never cross Jacob's path. Kenny turns into a turnip after repeatedly slamming his head into the nightstand during his seizure and is left in the care of a group home headed by a demented former medical examiner who "operates" on Kenny just for fun...without anesthesia. I really don't like Kenny. :evil:
Don't drink and fly...

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu May 03, 2007 3:38 pm

You are on a roll, my friend! (and by the way, welcome back! :D )

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Thu May 03, 2007 3:53 pm

Each day is a stepping stone. On days I feel well, I will try and write on to the story. I apreciate all of you.