Halloween Villages

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Halloween Villages

Post by mandy0221 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:37 am

For those of you who do not have a halloween village you really should look into it. About 2 years ago I started collecting the Lemax Spooky Town village but there are also similar ones like Dept. 56.

They have animated houses like a pirate ship that rocks back and forth and plays creepy music, a blood bank, boogiemans hangout, creepy barn, a witch's lair with a flying witch....etc. You can make your village super creepy or cute and not so scary. If you don't have a store near you to buy them check eBay and look soon to get cheap prices. The pieces usually range between $10 and $80 depending on the piece and size/animation.

My eBay name is TheBananaBucket if you want to purchase any I have a few listed.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:49 am

that would b ecool I look fore them on ebay.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:54 pm

Very cool! I had no idea anything like these existed... thanks.
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:38 am

I've always wanted to do that. I saw one displayed at the store last year and I feel in love. Problem is each was a bit pricy, especially when you start adding all the pieces up. I'd still like to have one...maybe someday.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:16 am

The Lemax Spooky Town is the cheaper out of the different villages you can buy. I started my collection with two big pieces and a few small ones. Probably spent $130 my first year. Each year I add one more big piece and a little one. So it isn't too bad if you are willing to start small.

What is also nice is some have music playing but it has a volume control so you can turn the volume off but still have animation. SUch as the pirate ship will still rock and show the cannons blasting but without the noise. So you can watch tv/talk on the phone and it not be annoying.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:21 pm

Oh that sounds cool. I'll have to talk to my boyfriend and see if he minds spending a lil bit of money with me to buy some pieces. We have some really coll decorations but a village would be just perfect!

CreepyCrawler
Ghost

Post by CreepyCrawler » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:27 pm

I kinda made my own viilages by buying little ceramic Halloween houses at the dollar and stuff. It's not perfect but it looks pretty cool and I have a lot of fun adding stuff to it.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:30 pm

i have a friend who has them in a cabinet. on display next to his John elway plates how scary is that lol
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:19 pm

Oh yea they look great on bookshelves, end tables, counter tops etc. Some people with large villages have whole tables and even rooms for them.

Here is a link to some pictures of displays

http://lemax-spookytown.com/Displays/Ha ... ay2005.asp

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:22 pm

Oh those are so cool! I wish I had enough money to buy them all. I would fill up my entire living room and probably never take them down. I just may have to order some. :)

tabbathehutt
Zombie

Post by tabbathehutt » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:26 am

Yeah! I love the Lemax spooky village stuff! But I'm only 24 and pretty poor so $130 is a LOT for me to spend on something like that. But I'm still building something... it helps that my birthday is at the very end of September. :)

salem
Ghost

Post by salem » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:47 pm

I love halloween and I have been working on building up my yard. What I would like to know is how to build my own animated creatures. I know how to connect the wiring but I need advice on how to get full range of motion. I also want to make it solar powered. Any advice or suggestions please reply.
thanks!!

Athenagwis
Crypt Keeper

Post by Athenagwis » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:48 pm

I also collect the lemax spooky town. It is a great set and not too expensive compared to the Dept 56. Some of the pieces can still be up there, but since they sell these at Michael's I tend to wait until they have a 50 or 40% off coupon and buy my big items with that, this makes it cheaper. Another thing we did the first year we bought was we went into the store about a week before halloween, when they were almost out of the houses in boxes, but they still had a full display, and we asked if we could buy the display items and get them at a discount for not having boxes. They agreed and sold them all to use at 50% or 60% off, there were also a couple with minor damage that we got 75% off. We got big houses and small pieces this way! That was a great way to start off our collection. This year we spent about $300 on the village, but we got a huge variety of retired small people from a lady online, they don't really sell as many costumed children in the stores anymore.

Hope that helps some of you start your very own halloween village addiction!!! :) :)

Rachel

jpressley
Ghost

Post by jpressley » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:26 pm

I collect dept 56, however I am thinking of starting a spooky town as well. Pics of my village are at the site below.
http://www.photoshow.net/village

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:58 am

I admit I like the Lemax village better. The Dept 56 ones are good but too shiny. I want my haunted village to look run down and scary not like a Norman Rockwell painting. IMO anyway.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry