Halloween and Horror Films?

Discussion of general Halloween topics

Horror Films Discussion

YES - I would love to chat about any horror movies here!
82%
NO - I'm not interested chatting about horror films at all!
No votes
NOT SURE - But try to see how this works!
18%

Total votes: 17

hauntmaster

Halloween and Horror Films?

Post by hauntmaster » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:08 pm

Where is the "Horror/Thriller films" category?? I don't see any of the right categories here because some of us would love to post some classic horror films, upcoming horror films, and any horror remakes.

Why not we vote to add "Horror Films Discussion" to this forum category? Please vote here.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:42 am

yes I think horror is a great part of halloween.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Pennywise11
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:42 am

I have a pretty big movie collection with all types of movies. My fav type is Horror of course and I have a soft spot for B rated horror movies too. Love them! Just to name a few of the ones I can think of that I have are:

1. Lost Boys
2. House of 1000 Dead Corpses
3. House on Haunted Hill
4. Dracula
5. Frankenstien
6. Halloween 1 & 3
7. Nightmare on Elm Street 1, 4,5
8. These Hills Have Eyes
9. 28 Days Later
10. Dawn of the Dead (old and new)
11. Pet Cemetary 1 & 2
12. Needful Things
13. Stand
14. Tommyknockers
15. Langoliers
16. Devil Rejects
17. The Exorcist
18. Haunted
19. Vampire
20. Vampires
21. Stigmata
22. House of Wax
23. Wishmaster 1&2
16. oh I have alot more but just to talk about a few perhaps.... I have a passion for zombie movies.... I know in another forum asking what my favorite monster was I said Pennywise the clown but a second runner up would be zombies like off of 28 days later or Day of the Dead.... scary.

What are some movies do any of you recomend. I know some of the ones I have listed on hear may not be exactly "horror" but don't really fit in any other catagory.... I think that there is different degrees of horror ranging from psycho, gross, scary, creepy and on and on.....
Cheers!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:07 pm

i absolutely love horror movies. don't get to watch them that much though. the child's too young and the husband doesn't like them that much. he's out of town for a few days so i can watch them after the child goes to bed.
last night i watched halloween II. i now noticed how short the guy who plays this micheal myers was

i'm debating which one i should pull out now, my nightmare on elm street, friday the 13th or scream box set
trick or treat

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:42 pm

I can totally relate to what you said about you get to watch them only when the opportunity arises. I have two young children myself and husband can't stand scary movies either. I don't think they actually scare him but he just can wrap his brain around it. I tell him "I know, I know you could get out of the situation....but its just a movie". I do the same thing, whenever he is away on a conference for work or something I rent at least 3 or 4 scary movies (most recent I think were Land of the Dead, House of the Dead 2, BoogeyMan and couple others I forget). I like to try and scare myself late at night. Most people don't understand but oh well. My family and I just moved into our first house (150 years old) and I feel like I have a couple of ghost sitting on the coach with me when it is 1:30am and the lights are all off (except for a night light in the ktichen) and I am watching this gorey movies.... I have goose bumps and hide under my blankets at night thinking the boogy mans in my closet! hahahaha Good times!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:38 pm

went through more of my collection before. most of my hhalloween movies have mysteriously disappeared. i had all of them exept for season of the witch. i sat through it once, never again
trick or treat

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:49 pm

I play vintage horror flicks all year around..the kids got USED to it, the same way I did growing up with CHILLER THEATRE and the knock offs that rattled around..before she became terminally conventional, my older sister used to dim the lights and get a good groove going for Christopher Lee movies..my special affection is saved for the flicks that play with your mind and down play the gore..try and imagine just how AMAZED I was when I got to see CARNIVAL OF SOULS on for the first time..not ONE drop of blood is spilled, but it remains one of the scariest movies ever made..You're also talken' to a guy who has seen the better Sir Alfred Hitchcocks on the big screen...love 'em all..
Last edited by uncletor on Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:14 pm

I too, like suspense more than gore. Which is not to say that I am opposed to a good gorey movie, just not gratuitous gore. My first love is classic film, so I really like the original "monster" movies. And Hitchcock? The master of suspense, as they say! No matter how many times I see it, Psycho always creeps me out! And the original "Halloween"...still the creepiest movie score around. :shock:

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:25 pm

Suspense always gets me more than gore. i loved to be scared at the thpught of what might happen. Seeing the gore take that aspect away.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:55 am

After getting home last night from work I was flipping through my movies and dug a few out I am going to watch in the near future.... Have any of you seen the move I was a Teenage Zombie? or the Nuke Em High movies? What cha think? I personally really enjoy I was a Teenage Zombie movie because when I seen it back in the early 90's it had a song from one of my fav bands Violent Femmes which really shocked me as it is a B rated movie.. Cool.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:27 pm

By the early '90's, the femmes had a HELL of a following...their first album had gone platinum, or was just about to..and it did it the hard way, little by little, one outcast, torqued off teen at a time..the tape (then the CD) would pass from kid to kid with;"You gotta hear this.."
When the movie was finally getting made, some of the first generation of listeners were in a position to get the song, and didn't miss the chance..
By the way, American readers, we here in Canada have made more then a few of your favorite good and cheesy horror films..tax breaks helped get Cronenberg started up here...and we've been hosting horror film shoots forever...the practised eye can tell you when you're in Toronto as opposed to some other American city it's supposed to be..spotting the difference gets to be fun after a while, with points awarded for the different mail boxes..(ours are red...) liscense plates that stray on shot..(usually white with blue letters) or a BIG giveaway..Toronto's CN Tower.
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:09 am

I love the Violent Femmes. I can't believe there are other people on here who do too, very cool. Maybe I'll have to check out this movie now.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:27 am

Pennywise11 wrote:After getting home last night from work I was flipping through my movies and dug a few out I am going to watch in the near future.... Have any of you seen the move I was a Teenage Zombie? or the Nuke Em High movies? What cha think? I personally really enjoy I was a Teenage Zombie movie because when I seen it back in the early 90's it had a song from one of my fav bands Violent Femmes which really shocked me as it is a B rated movie.. Cool.

nuke'em high all the way.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:02 pm

Right on...fellow B horror movie watcher!!!!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:08 am

Who remembers the cool sci-fi horror stuff from the 50'sand 60's...Invasion of the Body Snatchers, THEM!, Forbidden Planet, The Day the Earth Stood Still, War of the Worlds, The Time Machine, Planet of the Apes, The Day of the Triffids, The Fly ("help me!"), etc. Oh, I've just given away my age, haven't I?? Did I say I liked CLASSIC film?? LOL. :lol: