Odd Thanksgiving Meals

Postby SnowMau on Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:20 pm

Traditionally, I think it just isn't thanksgiving without the turkey. Nevermind all of the dressings and whatnot that you have with it, to me no turkey means no thanksgiving.
But this evidently isn't the case with other people. Some people don't like turkey, other people just want something different for thanksgiving.
Now, me personally, I'm gonna be having turkey with all the trimmings...but my Professor in college and one of my co-workers is having something completely different.
My professor is going to have porogies for thanksgiving. Yes, porogies. Not sure what they are, aren't they like potato skins or something? I'm not sure. But for thanksgiving? And they're the microwave kind too from what I heard. Wow. That's gotta be a strange thanksgiving, but she said she doesn't like turkey anyway.
Then one of my coworkers is going to have steak with peppers and onions. Don't get me wrong, I love steak with peppers and onions, especially in the summer time on the grill. But to me, a thanksgiving dinner this does not make. Now, normally I'm not a huge traditionalist, as I enjoy both old and new traditions but this is where I draw the line. I can understand if you're a vegetarian but in my book, nothing beats a real turkey roasted in the oven. Even if I was a vegetarian, I think I would have to make an exception for the Holidays.
Some people have Turkducken, but to be honest I think such a dish better fits a Christmas dinner. It's just not Turkey day without the turkey. And I mean plain ol' turkey too. Not some fancy concoction.
I even remember one of my dad's ex-girlfriends having Ham one year. Ham is for Easter if you ask me. Don't ask me why, but I always kind of associated ham with Easter Dinner with baked beans.

So I thought, what do you guys think? Are you guys all for the traditional turkey, or would you rather have something different? What's your reaction when a fellow co-worker, peer, teacher or whoever decides to have something other than Turkey for Thanksgiving?
Look out Rudolph, Santa might just replace you with the cute, magical, Christmas Kittens!
SnowMau

Location: Throwing Snowballs at the neighbor kids XD Just kidding.

Re: Odd Thanksgiving Meals

Postby ANGELPUGS on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:17 am

we've always had turkey,stuffing,sweet potatoes and white,cranberry sauce,deviled eggs,biscuits,gravy,a tossed salad,pickles,veggies like beans,peas,and grams home-made baked beans of course different pies,cookies,breads,it's always been big.
7turk7.gif
7turk7.gif (53.16 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
ANGELPUGS

Return to Thanksgiving