My Halloween garden decor ,uk house

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Willow
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

My Halloween garden decor ,uk house

Post by Willow » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:48 am

Hi everyone,
I hope this link is correct so you can see my outdoor decor from last halloween. I am in the uk, so i got a few looks as my street is pitch black! Hope you like them, ill post some more if you can get these ok. let me know....

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p150 ... kecopy.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p150 ... yhouse.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p150 ... window.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p150 ... 0_0312.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p150 ... dwitch.jpg

heres another, snow white witch i carved last year. I love that that spider got in on the action!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p150 ... ewitch.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p150 ... ekaboo.jpg

Willow x

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:02 am

Awesome pumpkins! And your silhouettes are super cool, too! Congratulations for being the only festive house on the street!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:36 pm

Thsoe are some elaborate Jack O'Lanterns!
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:21 am

Willow, what a fine decorating job!! It's awesome that you decorate even when no one else does. The silhouettes are VERY good. And the pumpkins, what can I say but FABULOUS!!! I love to carve pumpkins, too. Your house is absolutely adorable, thanks for sharing pics!

William
Haunt Master

Post by William » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:33 am

Very very cool pumpkins,i mean all those models, like coool, andthehouse is big and beautiful and it's England the country were i want to move :oops:
Halloween is coming,be sure to be dead until then, if not all hallows eve will take care

Willow
Vampire

Post by Willow » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:21 am

Thanks everyone, :D
I am really glad you like them, i will be doing some more this year. I managed to grow some pumpkins in tubs so i might carve those ones, although watching them grow all this time i might not have the heart! Shop ones it is i think....

Iam going to have another go with the tole painting too, and maybe paint some wood that reads 'the witch is in'
If anyone has any links to sign wording like this or pictures for ideas i would be grateful if you posted them here.

William england is nice, although i would love to live in america! Although i think i am influenced with my love of halloween!

Willow x

MildredHubble
Ghost

Post by MildredHubble » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:09 pm

I love the silhouettes in the window! I will have to try and make some for myself. Great yard all around!

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:38 pm

Everything looks great!! I love that your celebrating Halloween, when not alot of people over there do. Your pumpkins are great.

I got a pumpkin carving kit to do a raccoon coming out of a pumpkin and a cool owl, I love those kits!

Last night I watched the food channel, I love Sandra Lee's Semi Homemade, and the pumpkin carving guy she had, did such an awesome job, he just cut in to the orange part, not the whole way throw, and it gave this awesome effect to it. I wanna try that too. They take a long time.

I hate scooping out the guts...but I guess someone's gotta do it.

:wink:

Great job!!

Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Post by Hdunlopclark » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:25 am

I dress up my house very well as well and i live in england, were abouts do you live willow :lol:

Willow
Vampire

Post by Willow » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:22 am

Hi, I live in lancashire outside blackpool. wherebouts are you?

Its so nice to see other uk halloween people on here as well, our american friends really do know how its done though dont they! Maybe ill go one day during october.

Willow x

Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Post by Hdunlopclark » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:50 am

I live in gloucester

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:21 pm

Hi Willow, I just love your Silhouettes, how did you ever do those? I'd love something like that in the window. And what a fantastic job you did on your pumpkins, do you carve those all up the day of, or before hand and keep them somewhere cool?
I just moved to the complex I live in 2 years ago, its a 100 unit townhouse complex and so far I'm the only one who decorates, and one of only a hand full to hand out treats to the kids,oh well just =more fun for us I guess. :D

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:58 am

Dutchess; have you ever used those window silhouettes that are printed on thin plastic? Really cheap at like Walmart or target. (They fill the whole window and have a light yellow background.) I used them for the first time last year, in my upstairs windows, and was very surprised at how good they looked with the lights in the house from behind. Very effective.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:16 am

Hi Hooch, No I've never used those, but I will watch at Wal-Mart this year for sure. There are so many things I'd like to buy for this coming up Halloween, so I guess we'll see how much I can save up.
Last year Michael's had so much stuff I loved. I'd really like to focus on improving my yard, building my village, and I want to get several items at Michael's if they have them again this year to turn my kitchen into a witches kitchen. I see you have some of the potion bottles I was going to get, did you see the different metal, or tin witche's signs Michael's had as well? I bought one that says " The Witches Inn, Check your broom at the Door" and then below the sign it has a half a cauldron, very cute :) and I bought a broom to put by it

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:33 am

We put more work into the yard last year than we had before, and I really enjoyed it. My husband built that fence for me, and it was really easy. I'll see if I can come up with the website that has the instructions. I really feel like that makes the yard, looks so much better than just the cemetery alone. (Plus, it keeps the TOTers out of the cemetery.) I love the litle potion bottles. They will certainly tie into my Potter theme for this year. I bought a metal sign at Michaels last year too, mine is the one that sticks into the ground, and has a yellow moon with a witch flying across it, and has two phrases that hang from it, but I'll be darned if I can remember what they are right now. Oh well, it is 0230.