psycho doctor - what he said to a 7 year old

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Bafa
Crypt Keeper

psycho doctor - what he said to a 7 year old

Post by Bafa » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:18 am

I work in an ER, my co-worker who is a nurse told me she took her neice to her brother's family doctor this morning. Not a doctor she uses thankfully.

So the doctor is talking to my nurse friend, "Okay, she has a sinus infection..." Then withought a breath in between words and still writing on his chart speaks to the 7 year old neice, "... your not going trick or treating are you? Cause there's lots of witches out there and they get pregnant and then sacrafice their babies by slitting their throat, and afterwards they still claim to be virgins..." then back at my co-worker, "...shes' not allergice to amoxacillian is she?"

OMG! I was in shock when she told me this and I wasn't even there. I could imagine him saying this to my 7 year old daughter. She would first ask what a virgin was then for the next week periodically I would hear her ask, very disturbed about it, why the witches would kill their babies.

My co-worker was taken aback as well, but didn't say anything because it's not her daughter and that's her brother's family doctor. Can you beleive that a doctor would say something like that to a child??

uncletor
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by uncletor » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:57 am

holy friggen feces, Batman.
That is way way over the line. Totally wrong.
But further proof that doctors are not gods and are in fact, human like the rest of us, and are thus, sometimes, friggen boneheads.
Okay..try this..tell the kid that the doctor read it WRONG..they don't sacrifice their BABIES..they put out their GRAVIES...after all, excpet for Samantha on BEWITCHED, most witches are OLD LADIES..they don't have kids, but they do spend a lot of time OVER THE KETTLE COOKING THINGS..and they make special GRAVIES for Halloween, all the holidays..including Chuck Berry's birthday.....my oh MY what a silly silly doctor...just like the nice lady on televison who thought there were LIVER BOATS on the Mississippi instead of RIVER BOATS...or the nice (if slightly dim) person who called Emerg one day in a panic because she heard her aunt was 'crying her heart out' over her dead dog, and she thought the Paramedics could put it back in....or the time when I was still a reporter and the editor wanted me to call down south and see if the violets were out yet, a first sign of spring..and the parks commissioner said back into the phone;"There is no violence in this town.."
What a first class bonehead..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:59 pm

If that was my kid, I would have told the doctor that he could preach his unfounded propaghanda to his own kids, but when mine are in the room he should keep his mouth shut and perform his medical duties. Then I probably would have said to my son/daughter in a really condescending voice "Of course you're going trick-or-treating, I would NEVER make you stay home on the best holiday of the year. And this doctor here, it's his job to keep you feeling sick, because if you're not feeling sick, he's out of a job." But then again, if I ever have kids, mine would be smart enough to look that quack square in the eye and say, "Please, Doc. You're so full if <deleted> . . ."

I think we should start a letter writing campaign, fill this doctors prescription with OUR brand of PRO Halloween medication!
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

Spooky_Ollie
Zombie

Post by Spooky_Ollie » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:49 am

Yeah, our own medication for all year round, good old pumpkin soup! Prescribe that to your kids doctor man! :P
Halloween would be the best time of year for me, but you get lots of food at christmas, except for pumpkin.

kevin
Crypt Keeper

Post by kevin » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:57 am

You guys are too nice. I would have been like "Excuse me.. what was that line of <deleted> you somehow thought was ok to say to my kid, and while I'm standing right here?"

The, I would have opened the door and been yelling really loudly "I can NOT believe you just said that <deleted> to my kid. Who the hell do you think you are. I want to see your license. I am sure the board is just dying to find idiots like you to relieve from practicing..."

and probably would have kept on saying stuff aloud until the police arrived. :D

That's nuts! I mean, it's one thing to be like "If you're going trick or treating, make sure you have your mommy and daddy look at your candy before you eat it. And brush your teeth..."

But that is borderline phsyco.

Spooky_Ollie
Zombie

Post by Spooky_Ollie » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Nice, erm, "friendly" point there Kev. :P Personally, if the doctor said that to me, i would have said; "Why, Are you one of those witches, Doc?" :D Way to handle it mate, shout until the police get here! :)
Halloween would be the best time of year for me, but you get lots of food at christmas, except for pumpkin.

kevin
Crypt Keeper

Post by kevin » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:51 am

Lol @ spooky. :lol: Ok, so I may not have gone that far, but you get the point.