how do you decorate a car trunk?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
midnight kitty
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

how do you decorate a car trunk?

Post by midnight kitty » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:51 pm

the child has "trunk or treat" at school tomorrow and i can't think of anyway to decorate my trunk
trick or treat

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:37 pm

maybe stuff some pants with news paper and slam 'em in the drunk, leave them sticking out like someone's caught in it . . .
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:47 pm

Rosie, you could tie plastic spiders with fishing line and attach to the underside of the trunk. When the trunk is opened all the spiders will dangle. Or...you could create a spooky scene in your trunk with the candy dish or bowl in the middle. Maybe some skulls, spiders, skeletons, spooky music in a battery operated player. Pretend it's just another surface to cover in Halloween decor. Good luck!
Don't drink and fly...

Bafa
Crypt Keeper

Post by Bafa » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:44 pm

A trunk would be a lot of fun to decorate. Of course you would need to
empty it completely first. You could line it with colored tissue paper, have
a JoL with a battery light in it, Skeleton, bat, ghost and such hanging from
the open trunk lid. If you have acess to such thing as bady parts

you could lay them about the trunk along with a bloody axe, or have a
plastic bag with a bloody arm sticking out and lay an axe on top of that.
you could bring one of those foot and a half high columns type pedastels
you get from a craft store. I have seen cheap-o styrafoam versions of
something like this but more gothic of course:

which you could have set up next to your trunk and set a witch's cauldron
with candy in it. If your electricly inclined you could even set up lighting
or sound using your car's power. Dry ice would be a great fog effect in a containeed place like a trunk too.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:17 pm

I live in KY and it is illegal to put those bloody arms hanging out of your trunk....so you may want to check that first. Do you have a car? Or an SUV?

I have seen a few cars decorate their back winshield by putting some cobwebs and creppy crawlies on top of the back seat so you can see them out of the rear window. Also - you can buy those window clings at walmart or something and perhaps put them on the back windows for the back seat passengers. Maybe hang a small ghost or spider from your rear view mirror.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:55 pm

I like LawP's suggestion, just empty it out, and treat it like another surface to Halloween decorate! All the usual stuff applies, cobwebs, spiders, skeletons, skulls, witches, etc... Glowsticks would provide a little light without worrying about electricity, and dry ice would be PERFECT in a small space like a car trunk. Definitely a JOL, perhaps battery operated, or with a tap light inside. The possibilities are endless! Sounds like fun, I've never seen a "trunk or treat" before. Let us know how it goes.

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:29 pm

We have this at out church-it is called "Trick A Trunk" and its aweome! One year we took my husbands Porsche, which has two trunks (the engine is in the middle) and man were the kids excited to get candy from two trunks! This year we took my H2 and had my full sized Michael Myers in the drvers seat, with HALLOWEEN playing on the TVs in the headrests. A bloody knife, and a severed arm completed the look...this was another fun year!

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:14 am

ok here's what i'm thinking so far. i have this purple light up skull which is pretty cool looking, some of the black light spider webs, though i doubt they'll glow, i just have extra at the house. 1 of the JOLs i carved w/ my pumpkin strobe light iin it. i can't do anything scary coz it's preschool and for some strange reason, the school frowns upon scary stuff. the kids can't where "scary or spooky costumes"
trick or treat