Persians? Plus Past Pumpkins

Do you have a special way to carve a pumpkin?
jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Persians? Plus Past Pumpkins

Post by jadewik » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:52 pm

I need a good idea for a "Prince of Persia" type pumpkin for this year's ritual carving... I have a few stipulations too... don't let it be anything that will make me go overboard! Hehehe.

I do a lot of design of my own patterns, so it's not an issue for me to see a cool photo and design based on that. I've only recently delved into the world of 3D carving... which... takes longer because I haven't quite found the right tools to speed things up *le sigh*

I read somewhere that you guys like photos... so here's a few pumpkin photos-- all my work; most of them are original designs (though some... like the UA wildcat... are based off of other designs and modified by me for carving).

Enjoy!

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

... and this one is rather large, so I'll link it... it's my first 3D p-kin from Halloween 2005:
3D Skull

MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:11 pm

Excellent carving, my dear! I especially enjoyed the 3D one...I'll have to give that a try!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:46 pm

I've decided to roll with a Tarot card this year for my p-kin. I'll have to design it m'self. I'll have to find some good Tarot photos :?

I'll post some of my pattern designs in another thread. THey'll be up for grabs.

Here is another photo of some fake p-kins I carved and put fixtures in. They're wearing hats... because I don't have any better place to store the hats. Hehe.

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Haunted Horseman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:15 pm

Nice work. Keep the ideas flowing.