To our Houston, Texas members...

Discussion of general Halloween topics
LawP
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

To our Houston, Texas members...

Post by LawP » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:16 pm

Geekmidwinter ( and I know there's another member who lives there), I'm thinking of you and hope Tropical Storm Erin doesn't cause too much damage to you and yours. Please post that you're okay. :shock:
Don't drink and fly...

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:08 pm

Yes, best wishes to our Texas members.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:00 pm

LawP - great idea. TX members we hope you stay safe and hear from you soon
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:02 pm

Yep, I've seen on the news about the storm coming toward TX, maybe not... Who knows??

Well, take care of yourself and be safety at home! :x

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:10 am

Oh my gosh, you guys are so sweet! We got TONS of rain yesterday, and there was lots and lots of standing water, my little suburb (Deer Park) was hit pretty bad, we're on the south east side of Houston. What's really worrisome is that now all of our land is saturated so any amount of rain today will most likely start the flood waters again, and then by the beginning of next week hurricane Dean is supposed to be hitting us, too.

Luckily, none of my family or I got any water in our houses or cars, but I know plenty of people who did. My sister and her family were temporarily unable to get into their neighborhood until late yesterday and they had to walk in through thigh-deep water and swim their big fat boxer dog out. Poor Sassafras, she did not like that.

It's supposed to start raining again this afternoon, and if so, I'll have to leave work early again, they sent us home at about noon yesterday, and I'm leaving as soon as it starts today, because I barely made it home yesterday, the whole town was underwater.

Thanks so much for checking on me, I love you guys!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

spintop
Ghost

Post by spintop » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:26 pm

Hey...I didn't know there were Houston people on here.....I live in downtown and work out in West Houston off Dairy Ashford....things are calm around this side of town...we'll see how TS Dean ends up.

Now that I know there are Houston people around, I can jump in with my favorite stories, parties, decorations, etc.

I'm so pumped!

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:05 pm

The other person I know of from the Houston area is Halloweenqueen and she lives in Humble, I don't know how hard they got hit yesterday, my brother lives in mid-town but stayed on our side of town and flew out to Chicago yesterday. My Husband works off of BW8 and Westheimer, and he said it was clear and no standing water until he got around the beltway to the south side.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:47 am

Oh dear geekmidwinter, I just came across this thread. I didn't hear anything about what's going on down there. I'm so glad to hear that you and your family are fine. I sure hope the weather settles down and returns to normal for everyones sake. And I'm so happy to hear that your sister and her family were able to return home and get their Boxer Sassafras. I will pray that this tropical storm Erin desolves and that Hurricane Dean never comes. Oh my, what is happening to our dear Mother Earth, all these devastating weather patterns seem to be happening more often, its really scary and so sad. I really do hope that all will resolve itself and that everyone down there will be ok, I will keep you in my thoughts.
Please keep us posted geekmidwinter as to how things are going down there so that we know that you are ok. Here's an angel to watch over you ^i^

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:50 am

Hurricane Dean is moving toward South America... Tilll next week...

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:50 am

spintop, don't think I've meet you before :?: So if I haven't, welcome! Have to posted on the new members thread cause I really don't remember meeting you before :?: Hope to talk with you more, have a great time here :)

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:51 am

I've been hearing all kinds of different things here in my neck of the woods..... what EVER happens, I'll be praying for EVERYone down there!!!!!!!!

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:57 am

Thanks again for everyone's well wishes, it's looking much better for us this week, Dean looks like it's heading for Mexico, and most of our standing water left from Erin is gone. It seems like the remanents of Erin are still causing problems for people up in the midwest, though, so if we have any members up there, I hope they're doing okay.

And Dutchess, Sassy was fine, her roly-poly behind could use some more swimming! Thanks for checking on us!

Halloween Freek
Master Reaper

Post by Halloween Freek » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:56 pm

Yes everyone stay safe!

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:38 pm

I've seen on the t.v. news that Hurricane Dean is moving toward to Mexico/South America this Wednesday or Thursday... Find out more from tv news tonite and tomorrow morning. I feel that it wouldn't come down there in TX.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:29 pm

I just recieved my on-line CKNW News report. It says that Hurricane Dean has been upgraded to a Category 5 Hurricane, thats not good :( It's expected to arrive in Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula in a few hours, as of 7:15pm my time.
Hey OEJ, where does Revelesnet live, doesn't he live in Mexico somewhere? Oh man I sure hope his family will be ok.

Thinking of you all who have been or could be affected by this.