TOTs for 2007

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
hauntmaster

TOTs for 2007

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:22 pm

I am going to start this thread, but will not create the poll until October of this year. Just to see how many TOTs are going out to your place this year Well, last year I had about 52 TOTs. :wink:

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:39 pm

My 16 year old stays to pas out candy while my wife and I take our two youngest around the nieghborhood, I'm probably not going to get a good number. :roll:

midnight kitty
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by midnight kitty » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:27 pm

don't know exacly how many ToTers we had last yr. we went through 4 huge bags of candy though, so i guess it was a good amount
trick or treat

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:33 pm

Rosie sounds like an awesome amount. We barely go through one small package of full size candy bars. We now purchase a selection of 10 to 20 full size candy bars and usually have some left over.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:14 am

I had zero at my apartment last year... and the year before... which is why I went to my in-law's for Halloween. I handled +250 kids there... I know that because I had 500 full-sized bars (250 for the church party and 250 for my ToTers) and I had to send my in-laws out for more candy!

I think the key is that theirs is a new neighborhood and there are a lot of families with younger kids there-- they haven't grown up yet. I don't think it's necessarily whether "ToT'ing" is in or out... I think it's more or less that kids grow up. Of course, the neighborhood and type of residence helps.

Of course... greed does play a part. Many people ask themselves "why should I buy candy for a bunch of kids I don't know?" ... and then you have the bitterness from people who handed out a full-sized candy bar to a little girl under 5yrs old and hear her dad say "Daddy's going to have to help you eat that one..." (not that I'm speaking from personal experience or anything)... and then after a few years... people stop handing out candy and kids have to go elsewhere.

I'm pretty new at the passing out candy part... being recently liberated from college and finding a place where kids come en masse.... but I did learn a lot from last year's experience... mainly:
1- Don't put your cauldron of candy out where they can reach it... cause they will reach.
2- Try not to let the parents bother you... cause they do and say retarded things.
3- I'm prolly going to give out half-sized bars to kids not really dressed up or the younger kids... don't worry. I have plenty of ideas *grin*
4- kids LOVE glowsticks... which has inspired this year's splurge on 1k glow bracelets. *angelic grin*

... sorry if I'm long-winded. I stumbled on the community today and I'm going nuts being in this Halloween saturated atmosphere!

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:19 pm

I saw a funny trick-or-treat bowl for sale recently. It is surrounded by what appear to be a large steel-jaw trap with scary-looking teeth. When the bowl is touched, they clamp shut over the trick-or-treater's hand, as a loud scream comes out of the trap. (The "jaws" turn out to be foam rubber.)