Novelty Contact Lens Warning

Chat about your costumes
OPTIDONN
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Novelty Contact Lens Warning

Post by OPTIDONN » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:34 pm

As an Eye Care Professional I just feel I need post this. Novelty Contacts CANNOT BE SOLD OR DISPENSED WITHOUT A PRESCRIPTION! Even if you have no need for glasses the Dr. must examine your corneal health and curvature before dispensing them. If you purchase these from a place without an RX it is illegal and dangerous! If you have a lens that fits too tight it can starve your cornea of oxygen, among other things. Don't attempt to make your own by putting food dye in your lenses either. Food Dye is not sterile and could lead to bactereal infections! And last but not least go to your Dr about a month ahead of time to order these lenses. Sometimes they can take a while to ship. With this in mind novelty contact lenses make a wicked addition to any costume! :twisted:

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:51 am

Thakk you soo mu h for that timelee warni9ng..with this rfifn more people will not damage their sigtre liek has habbened bedfofre..and remember when you damage your sigt it is forever most time
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:07 am

Thank you for the post.
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:57 pm

I agree! One year my husband and I went as Pamela Anderson and Kid Rock (my husbands resemblace to kid rock is uncanny even before a costume)-I have green eyes and wanted to get blue contacts. So..I had to do the doctors appt, the whole nine yards. They made sure I could put them in and take them out before they would let me have them and I appreciated it very much!

HalloweenContacts
Ghost

Post by HalloweenContacts » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:59 pm

You're absolutely right - contact lenses are a prescription item and you must have a valid Rx in order to wear them. You can buy them online, often for much less. Be wary of hand painted lenses - go for reputable sellers with lenses that are cleared by the FDA.

You can find a great selection of FDA cleared lenses at Coastal Contacts. The most popular styles are also available in Rx powers for those who require vision correction. A valid prescription or your doctor's contact information is required in order to verify the buyer's Rx.

http://www.CoastalContacts.com/halloweenlenses.cfm