Perfect for Christmas and Thanksgiving
Goes well with vanilla ice cream and hard sauce
2 cups flour
1 and 1/2 cups of sugar
1 cup of buttermilk
1/2lb of butter or margarine (melted)
1 T cinnamon
1 T baking soda
1/2 T ground cloves
1. Blend sugar and butter thoroughly. Add eggs, buttermilk, flour. Mix.
2. Add cinnamon, baking soda, and cloves. Mix well.
3. Grease and flour baking dish.
4. Bake in pre-heated oven at 350′ for 50 minutes or longer if necessary.
5. Cool and ice.
Spice Cake Icing
1 stick of butter
1 box of confectioners sugar
1 T of vanilla
1-3 T of milk
1. Cream butter and gradually add confectioners sugar.
2. Add milk as needed to keep frosting at spreading consistency
3. Add vanilla
4. Frost cake when completely cool.